As a charitable organisation, Youthline greatly appreciate all donations we receive. All support received helps Youthline further our mission of supporting young people and adults/carers of young people within Bracknell Forest.
Today we would like to thank Rob Hughes from Easthampstead Rotary Club and his wife who generously donated £100. Thank you too to Mandy Mendham one of our volunteers who donated £60 raised from hosting a bingo night with her work on Zoom at the beginning of lockdown.
Thank you both for your continued support of our charity.
If you are thinking of organising a fundraising event during lockdown, Mandy kindly told us how she arranged her one.
- Everyone paid £5 to enter.
- They paid via PayPal (they just need email address – email@example.com) or via online bank transfer
- All proceeds went to Youthline.
- Those that were taking part were then sent a copy of their bingo card via WhatsApp. They then either printed them off or wrote out the numbers.
- The host bought a bingo game and extra bingo cards from Amazon.
- A Zoom meeting was arranged, and all played along.
Mandy also played again with her family. As they all lived local, she was able to drop their bingo cards on their doorsteps along with a bag of popcorn each.
If anyone wants help setting up a zoom meeting or arrange a charity quiz this way, please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mandy or one of us would be happy to help.