OUTREACH COUNSELLOR COORDINATOR (PART-TIME 12 hours over 3 days)
12 Month Contract, Term Time only £14.47 p/h
Youthline is a well established BACP Accredited charity offering free one to one counselling to young people aged 12 – 25 and their parents/carers in Bracknell Forest, Berkshire. Our work ethic is based on the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Youthline is looking for a qualified counsellor to coordinate the delivery of an excellent outreach youth counselling service in Bracknell Forest. You will be responsible for managing and supervising the co-ordination and administration of all aspects of outreach counselling including counselling and group work in schools in accordance with current practice. You will also be responsible for fostering and sustaining key relationships in schools and outreach centres.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 23rd June 2021
Interviews: week commencing 28th June 2021
If you are interested and would like more information please contact Simone Gridelli via to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Youthline Outreach Co-ordinator will provide a professional and ethical support service to School Counsellors following the principles and values set out by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy to qualified counsellors and school group supervisors.
This post is accountable to the Trustees and Counsellor Co-ordinator.
- Manage and supervise the co-ordination and administration of all aspects of outreach counselling in accordance with current practice as agreed by the Trustees
- Foster and sustain key relationships with in schools and outreach centres
- Recruit trained counsellors sufficient to deliver a service that maximises the opportunities available at local schools, and outreach centres in the Bracknell Forest area
- Line-manage the team of outreach counsellors ensuring appropriate induction, training and support for them
- Make arrangements for and monitor the professional supervision of all outreach volunteer counsellors in accordance with Youthline policy
- Ensure all outreach counsellors develop and nurture relationships with young people that will be supportive, accepting, challenging and appropriate
- To be actively responsible for following up and communicating safeguarding concerns and linking with multi agencies in line with Youthline policies and procedures.
- Specifically ensure that all outreach counsellors are aware of their Safeguarding responsibilities and are clear about what they should do if they suspect that a child, young person or vulnerable adult is being abused
- Work with the Practice Manager and Counsellor Co-ordinator to ensure that young people and related agencies are fully aware of the work of Youthline and how they can access and influence the service available• Identify and develop new opportunities for delivering counselling to young people in Bracknell Forest
- Engage in appropriate CPD keeping informed of relevant developments in counselling, BACP standards of good practice and other related matters and advising Trustees of such
- Monitor and review Youthline counselling policies and procedures in conjunction with the Trustees and Counsellor Co-ordinator and ensure that all relevant personnel are aware of policies affecting them
- Attend service management meetings as requested by the Trustees and Counsellor Co-ordinator.
- Perform other duties that from time to time that may be necessary and compatible with the nature of the post
Job Description/Person Specification:
Please find attached an application form and job description and person specification.Application Form PDF